Friday, January 4, 2013

replies to your comments

I recently enabled the threaded comments feature on blogger (sorry, WAY overdue). I read every single comment and if you have a question I always try to give an answer. I reply within the comments to questions because that saves time for those who have the same question as they scroll through. If you would like an email response to your comment or question, be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link that is visible underneath the comment field before you publish your comment. It's just one click, there's no hassle involved or any additional thing to fill out. When you do that, my response will be on the blog as well as emailed directly to you. Thanks as always for your comments and questions!

10 comments:

  1. Testing to see how well that works! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grandma G! This is my the reply to the thread only. So. Now I will make a new comment, and see if it emails you that one too!

      Delete
  2. Grandma G, this is a new comment, and not part of the previous thread. Did you get an email for this one too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. Now write another new comment (not a reply to mine), and leave a reply to that, to see if I get an email from that reply!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. And here's a reply to the new thread. Are you getting everything?

      Delete
    2. Yep, got it all. So the only advantage to this over the way you had it set up before is that when looking at the thread itself, it's clear who you're responding to. But the emails will be confusing if you don't address the person by name.

      Delete
  4. So, if you subscribe via email you will receive all comments and not just the replies to a thread. That's a pretty clunky setup, but I guess when you receive the answer you are looking for, you can unsubscribe.
    I guess I have to keep in mind that Blogger is free. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 'free' is allowed to not be perfect, I guess. :)

      Delete
  5. its very important to reply in a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!